AD DURAYHIMI, Yemen - Yemen's Houthi rebels say air raids by the Saudi-UAE military alliance killed dozens of civilians, most of them children, reports that were denied by the coalition.
According to the Houthi movement's Al Masirah TV, 22 children and four women died on Thursday as fighter jets targeted a camp for internally displaced people in Ad Durayhimi, which lies about 20km from the Red Sea city of Hodeidah.
The reported attack comes two weeks after a coalition air strike on a school bus killed 40 boys.
Backed by the United States, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have carried out attacks in Yemen since March 2015 as part of a military campaign to reinstate the internationally recognised government of President Abu-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.
Hussein al-Bukhaiti, a pro-Houthi activist based in Sanaa, said the death toll in Thursday's air raids stood at 31, citing a medical source.
"The Saudi strikes at first targeted a village in the Ad Durayhimi area south of Hodeidah, killing five people and injuring another two," he told Al Jazeera.
Bukhaiti said 26 women and children had come under attack before boarding a bus in an attempt to flee, but a "second Saudi-UAE strike targeted that bus, killing everyone".
Earlier on Thursday, the UAE state news agency WAM said the Houthis launched a ballistic missile in the same district, which resulted in the death of one child.
WAM said the attack in the recently recaptured village of al-Ghalifqa in Ad Durayhimi also wounded dozens of people, three of them seriously.
Neither side's claims could be independently verified.(FA)